Makes 25 to 30 3-inch-long dog bone–shaped cookies 1⁄4-inch thick or 20 to 25 3-inch-long dog bone–shaped cookies 3⁄8-inch thick
This is a basic dog bones recipe that you can make just as is, or you can vary the ingredients to make slightly different treats.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1⁄3 cup low-sodium beef or chicken bouillon powder
2 large eggs
1 cup warm water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Slowly add the warm water and eggs and mix well. The dough will be stiff.
- Use your hands to knead the dough until it is smooth and easy to handle, and then form it into a ball.
- Place the ball on a floured breadboard. Roll the dough out to 1⁄4 to 3⁄8 inch thick; slightly thicker is fine.
- Use a 3-inch dog bone–shaped cookie cutter to cut out the dough.
- Place the bones on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the cookie sheets out of the oven and, using a spatula, flip the bones over. Return to the oven for about 5 minutes or until the bones are golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container.
Please Head On Over To Next Page To See More