Makes 15 to 20 21⁄2-inch circles
With a wonderful cheesy smell and taste, these round, crispy treats will disappear quickly.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1⁄4 cup cornmeal 1 tablespoon low-sodium beef bouillon powder
1 large egg
3⁄4 to 1 cup warm water
1 cup cornmeal, for rolling out treats
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first four ingredients together and then add the egg and 3⁄4 cup warm water. Mix to form a dough. If the mixture is too dry, add more of the remaining water.
- Spread the cornmeal on a breadboard. Form half the dough into a ball. Drop it on the cornmeal, flatten slightly, and turn it over to get cornmeal on both sides. Roll the dough out to 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Use a circular cookie cutter 21⁄2 inches in diameter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place on greased cookie sheets. 6. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Repeat steps 3–6 with the other half of the dough.
- Remove from the oven, let cool thoroughly, and store in an airtight container.
Crunchier Treats: For crisper treats, when all the cookies have been baked, turn off the oven. Put all the cookies back on a cookie sheet and return them to the oven. Leave them in the cooling oven for several hours or overnight to harden.
Please Head On Over To Next Page To See More