Homemade Dog Treats are the best way to show your pet that you love them like family! These Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats are an easy dog biscuit recipe that your fur baby would request every week if they could.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour see note below for substitutions
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup natural peanut butter SEE NOTE
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, and the egg. Add peanut butter, water, honey and stir until you have stiff dough. the dough becomes very firm and sticky. you may need to use your hands, or the paddle attachment on your mixer.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough about 1/2 inch thick and use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes. the treats barely spread and rise, so get creative with your shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- keep in an airtight container or give as gifts!
**NOTE: some dogs are allergic to flour/wheat. if you want to make these wheat free, you can use rice flour of coconut flour as a replacement. they will work, but might change the consistency a bit. thanks so much to the readers who wrote it about this!**NOTE: I have heard that some peanut butter brands are including xylitol to cut the sugar in their pb. DO NOT USE any pb containing xylitol as it is toxic to dogs. Just check for natural pb and check the ingredients. Muah!
CALORIES: 113KCAL | CARBOHYDRATES: 12G | PROTEIN: 4G | FAT: 5G | SATURATED FAT: 1G | CHOLESTEROL: 6MG | SODIUM: 52MG | POTASSIUM: 134MG | FIBER: 1G | SUGAR: 2G | VITAMIN A: 10IU | CALCIUM: 17MG | IRON: 0.7MG