The hot and humid days of summer always warrant an ice cold treat, and that goes for your dog too!
Dogs in general love frozen treats when the temperature rises.
And this Recipe for a super easy, but awesome 2 Ingredient Cantaloupe Ice Cream.
No ice cream machine is needed for this treat!
- 2 cups (300g) frozen ripe cantaloupe
- 2 tbsp unsweetened yogurt
- Make sure you have space for your cantaloupe in the freezer.
- Scrub the outside of the cantaloupe thoroughly.
- Slice the melon in half and remove seeds.
- Slice each half into quarters and remove skin, then dice the fruit into bite-sized chunks.
- Place cut melon in the freezer. The more space around your melon chunks, the faster they will freeze, so if you’re in a rush, place pieces on a baking sheet to speed things up.
- When completely frozen (2-4 hours or overnight), place about 2 cups (300g) of melon pieces into the food processor.
- Add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened yogurt.
- Blend until combined, adding a little cool water if needed to blend to your preferred consistency.